COMPSAC 2015: The 39th Annual International Computers, Software & Applications Conference
Taichung, Taiwan - July 1-5, 2015
Mobile and Cloud Systems – Challenges and Applications
Questions about IWSC? Please contact the Program Chairs.
IWSC Steering Committee
Adiyha P. Mathur, Singapore
Fevzi Belli, Germany
Kau-Yuan Cai, China
Kishor S. Trivedi, USA
Ramesh Kumar, USA
Stephen S. Yau (chair), Arizona State University, USA
Kenji Takahashi, NTT Innovation Institute, USA
Wei-Tek Tsai, Arizona State University, USA
Helen Karatza, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece (karatza (at) csd.auth.gr)
Xiaoying Bai, Tsinghua University, China (baixy (at) tsinghua.edu.cn)
- Angelo Furfaro, Italy
- Eric Chen, USA
- Eric Wong, USA
- Feng-Jian Wang, Taiwan
- Franco Cicirelli, Italy
- Gabriele D'Angelo, Italy
- Hong Zhu, UK
- Inbal Yahav, Israel
- Jerry Gao, USA
- Ji Wu, China
- Jun Han, Australia
- Libero Nigro, Italy
- Lin Liu, China
- Oum-El-Kheir Aktouf, France
- Ron S. Kenett, Israel
- William C. Chu, Taiwan
- Wolfgang Mauerer, Germany
- Xuanzhe Liu, China
- Zhenyu Chen, China
- Zhi Jin, China
IWSC 2015: 12th International Workshop on Software Cybernetics
ProgramFriday July 3
Session 1: 11:00 - 12:30
Chair: Xiaoying Bai, Tsinghua University, Japan
- Welcome from the General Chair, Wei-Tek Tsai, Arizona State Univesrity
- Remarks from Chair of the Steering Committee, Stephen S. Yau, Arizona State University, USA Report from Program Co-chair, Xiaoying Bai, Tsinghua University, USA
- Approach for Test Profile Optimization in Dynamic Random Testing
Ye Li, Bei-Bei Yin, Junpeng Lv, Kai-Yuan Cai
- Geographical Data Generation by Simulated-Annealing
Kejia Hou, Jun Huang, Xiaoying Bai
- Constraint-based Multi-tenant SaaS Deployment Using Feature Modeling and XML Filtering Techniques
Yang Cao, Chung-Horng Lung, Samuel Ajila
- Adaptive Clustering Techniques for Software Components and Architecture
Duo Liu, Chung-Horng Lung, Samuel Ajila
Session 2: 13:30 - 15:00
- Panel Discussion
The theme of the 12th International Workshop on Software Cybernetics (IWSC 2015) is Smart Software Control in Mobile and Cloud Computing. Devices are pervasively connected in an open and dynamic environment. It imposes new requrements for software control mechanisms so that the system can be aware of, and adaptive to, the dynamic context changes. This often requires an interdisciplinary study including computing, communication and control. Many challenges exist in smart control in mobile and cloud computing, for example, the capability to detect, learn and predicate environmental change, and the intelligence for automatic, collaborative and evolutionary adaptation. The advances in computing paradigms, such as cloud computing and Big Data analytics lead to new technologies.
IWSC 2015 continues its conjunction with the annual IEEE CS International Computer Software and Applications Conference (COMPSAC) and its success in promoting the multi-disciplinary research on software cybernetics. It provides an international forum for researchers and practitioners to exchange their original research results, identify future research problems, and report the current best practices in industry.
The workshop will include at least the following topics:
- Adaptation of control theory to mobile and cloud systems
- Formalization of control mechanisms in mobile and cloud software systems
- Integration of software, networking and control
- modeling of mobile and cloud systems
- Modeling of evolving and dynamic environments
- Situation-aware, self-adaptive software
- Learning and decision making in mobile and cloud systems
- Adaptive system design and architecture
- Control of adaptive software rejuvenation
- control in fault-tolerant computing and security
- Adaptive testing and test case generation
- Practice and experience of SaaCS (Software-as-a-Control-System)
Authors are invited to submit original, unpublished research papers as well as industrial practice papers. Simultaneous submissions to other publications and conferences are not permitted.
The length of a camera ready paper will be limited to 6 pages (IEEE Proceedings style) with up to 2 additional pages (with charges for each additional page) printed on 10-12 point fonts.
Authors must follow IEEE CS Press Proceedings Author Guidelines to prepare papers. At least one of the authors of each accepted paper is required to pay full registration fee and present the paper at the workshop in person. Arrangements are being made to publish selected papers in reputable journals. The submissions must be in PDF, Postscript or RTF format and uploaded to the conference submission site.
Signichat conference mobile app is now available!
Signichat is also sponsoring a best presentation award. Authors can enter their presentation for consideration. Attendees can vote for best presentation.
The COMPSAC 2015 Survey has been posted to the Social Events page.
Hotel information has been posted to the Travel and Venue page.
The link for registration has been posted to the Registration page.
PC Meeting: March 13-14, 2015 - Shanghai, China
COMPSAC 2015 Deadlines
April 28, 2015: Updated: April 30 - Camera-ready copy and registration due
Workshop & Tutorial Deadlines
April 10, 2015 Extended: April 15, 2015: Updated: April 24 - Workshop paper notifications
April 24, 2015 Updated: April 30 Updated: May 8 - Camera-ready copy and registration due
Fast Abstracts, Posters Deadlines
April 24, 2015: Poster/paper notification
Updated: April 30 Updated: May 8 - Camera-ready copy & registration due
Student Research Symposium/Competition Deadlines
April 16th, 2015: Updated: April 26, 2015: Notifications
April 28, 2015: Updated: April 30 Updated: May 8 - Camera-ready submissions due