COMPSAC 2015: The 39th Annual International Computers, Software & Applications Conference
Taichung, Taiwan - July 1-5, 2015
Mobile and Cloud Systems – Challenges and Applications
Questions about ESAS? Please contact the organizers.
OrganizersAtilla Elci, Aksaray University, Turkey (atilla.elci (at) gmail.com)
Duygu Celik, Istanbul Aydin University, Turkey (duygucelik (at) aydin.edu.tr)
- Alex Abramovich, Gordon College, Israel
- Behnam Rahnama, Okan University, Turkey
- Bo Hu, University of Southampton, UK
- Chattrakul Sombattheera, Mahasarakham University, Thailand
- Ibrahim Gökçen, GE International, Turkey
- Laurentiu Vasiliu, Peracton Ltd., Ireland
- Levent Yilmaz, Auburn University, USA
- M. Osman Ünalir, Egean University, Turkey
- Maurice Pagnucco, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Mehmet Emin Aydin, University of Bedfordshire, UK
- Metin Zontul, Istanbul Aydin University, Turkey
- Mustafa Jarrar, Sina Institute - Birzeit University, Palestine
- Övünç Öztürk, Celal Bayar University, Turkey
- R. Cenk Erdur, Agean University, Turkey
- R. Rajesh, Bharathiar University, India
- Rym Z. Mili, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
- Sule Yildirim Yayilgan, Gjovik University College, Norway
- Tugba Ozacar Ozturk, Celar Bayar University, Turkey
- Vassilya Abdulova, Istanbul Aydin University, Turkey
- Vijayan Sugumaran, Oakland University, USA
- Vitaliy Mezhuev, Berdyansk State University, Ukraine
- Zeki Bayram, Eastern Mediterranean University, TRNC
- Ozgu Can, Agean University, Turkey
ESAS 2015: The 10th IEEE International Workshop on E-Health Systems & Semantic Web
Program Sunday July 5
11:00 - 12:30
Session Chair: Atilla Elci, Aksaray University, Turkey
- An Ontology-enabled Service Discovery for Supporting Health Promotion System
Satriya Dinata, Anindhita Dewabharata, Shuo-Yan Chou
- mAAS, A Mobile Ambulatory Assessment System for Alcohol Craving Studies
Ruiqi Shi, Zhang Chen, Haidong Wang, Peng Sun, Tim Trull, Yi Shang
- Towards an Applied Oral Health Ontology: A Round Trip between Clinical Data and Experiential Knowledge
Letong Feng, Yanqing Li, Lin Liu, Xiaojun Ye, Jianmin Wang, Zhangqiang Cao, Xin Peng
ESAS 2015 fosters the following complementary objectives:
1) Inquiring into the theory and practice of engineering semantic e-health systems, especially methods, means and best cases;
2) Exploring into unifying software engineering methodologies employed in implementing semantic applications across domains;
3) Deploying new technologies in the fields of semantic intelligence, e-health systems, m-health systems and applications especially for distributed healthcare systems.
E-health systems play a significant role in the well-being of individuals, as medical solutions or for healthcare towards everyday well-being. New models and methods continue to be developed to produce safer healthcare environments. The rapid growth of using such devices and technologies in medical fields has generated new opportunities for emerging application improvement; however, huge challenges still continue in order to develop consistent, suitable, safe, flexible and power-efficient systems fit for medical needs. In unison with the main conference, the main theme of ESAS 2015 is Applying Semantic Web Technologies in Agent-Oriented Software Engineering of Distributed e-Health Systems - Challenges and Prospects.
Papers on Semantic Web technology and e-health topics are welcome. Semantic Web technologies render dynamic, heterogeneous, distributed and shared content equally accessible to human readers and software agents. Distributed agents functioning autonomously can ultilize Semantic Web content to gather and aggregate knowledge for reasoning and inferring new results towards achieving their goals and generating new knowledge. Such knowledge in turn may be disseminated and used to achieve the shared goal of the application system. Here, the vision is to achieve a synergy with e-health systems whereby both semantics and agents will be equal on the center stage.
ESAS Workshops are garnering the synergy of both technologies by taking up both medicine and healthcare through Web technologies. Topics of interest span a wide spectrum in both theory and practice of autonomous Web based e-health systems, context-aware intelligent e-health agents, e-health Web services, software e-health agents, mobile e-health agents, intelligent e-health systems, e-health architectures, multi-agent e-health systems, emerging e-health systems, mobile e-health systems, cloud for e-health systems, e-health systems for diagnosis, monitoring and medical feedback, e-health agent communities, developing image and video processing on e-health, e-health ontology, inferencing on e-health, safety and security in health systems, other QoS issues, privacy and so on. Authors are invited to submit original technical papers and novel research contributions in any aspect of e-health covering but not limited to the topics of interested listed below.
- Smart e-health systems through web technologies
- Autonomic analysis, monitoring and situation alertness
- Body sensor networks and wearable sensor systems on e-health
- Medical biofeedback
- Medical decision support systems and tools
- Context awareness and autonomous computing for ambient assisted living
- E-health oriented software architectures (Agent, SOA, Middleware, etc...)
- E-helath virtual and augmented reality
- Emerging e-health applications
- Health grid and health cloud
- Health monitoring and traffic classification
- Healthcare management systems
- ICT-enabled personal health system
- Image and video processing on e-health
- E-health devices and smart parts for healthcare systems
- E-helath big data: access, aggregation and use
- Semantic Web rule languages and e-health systems
- Ontology engineering and inference on e-health systems
- Semantic processing in e-health
Authors are invited to submit original, unpublished research papers as well as industrial practice papers. Simultaneous submissions to other publications and conferences are not permitted.
The length of a camera ready paper will be limited to 6 pages (IEEE Proceedings style) with up to 2 additional pages (with charges for each additional page) printed on 10-12 point fonts.
Authors must follow IEEE CS Press Proceedings Author Guidelines to prepare papers. At least one of the authors of each accepted paper is required to pay full registration fee and present the paper at the workshop in person.
Selected authors will be invited to elaborate on their research topic and submit the results to the ESAS Special Issue for the International Journal of Big Data Intelligence. These papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written in order to avoid copyright conflict.
A special issue of the best papers of ESAS 2006 was published with Multiagent and Grid Systems - An International Journal, IOS Press, ISSN 1574-1702; Volume 4, Number 3, 2008, pp: 293-346.
The authors of the papers accepted at ESAS 2007 and 2008 were invited to submit extended versions of their papers for publication in the Special Issue on Engineering Semantic Agent Systems of Expert Systems: The Journal of Knowledge Engineering by Wiley-Blackwell Publishing. Vol 28, No. 5. The authors of ESAS 2009/10 were invited to submit an extended and revised version of their papers for publication in an edited volume titled Semantic Agent Systems: Foundations and Applications by Springer-Verlag. The book has since been published (http://www.springer.com/engineering/mathematical/book/978-3-642-18307-2). A special issue and/or a book project for the authors of ESAS 2015 may be announced shortly.
Signichat conference mobile app is now available!
Signichat is also sponsoring a best presentation award. Authors can enter their presentation for consideration. Attendees can vote for best presentation.
The COMPSAC 2015 Survey has been posted to the Social Events page.
Hotel information has been posted to the Travel and Venue page.
The link for registration has been posted to the Registration page.
PC Meeting: March 13-14, 2015 - Shanghai, China
COMPSAC 2015 Deadlines
April 28, 2015: Updated: April 30 - Camera-ready copy and registration due
Workshop & Tutorial Deadlines
April 10, 2015 Extended: April 15, 2015: Updated: April 24 - Workshop paper notifications
April 24, 2015 Updated: April 30 Updated: May 8 - Camera-ready copy and registration due
Fast Abstracts, Posters Deadlines
April 24, 2015: Poster/paper notification
Updated: April 30 Updated: May 8 - Camera-ready copy & registration due
Student Research Symposium/Competition Deadlines
April 16th, 2015: Updated: April 26, 2015: Notifications
April 28, 2015: Updated: April 30 Updated: May 8 - Camera-ready submissions due