The 38th Annual International Computers, Software & Applications Conference
Note: Reserve your hotel at the Plaza by June 20 to receive the COMPSAC discounted rate! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +46 21 10 10 27 using the code COMPSAC2014.
Join us at the 38th Annual IEEE International Computers, Software, and Applications Conference (COMPSAC) in Västerås, Sweden 21–25 July, 2014.
COMPSAC is the IEEE Signature Conference on Computers, Software, and Applications. It is one of the major international forums for academia, industry, and government to discuss research results, advancements and future trends in computer and software technologies and applications. The technical program includes keynote addresses, research papers, industrial case studies, panel discussions, fast abstracts, doctoral symposium, poster sessions, and a number of workshops on emerging important topics.
COMPSAC provides an international forum to:
- Network with academic, industry, and government computing professionals from around the world
- Discuss the latest research results, advancements, and future trends in computer and software technologies and applications
- Enjoy keynote addresses from the world's leading researchers
- Stay abreast of new developments with research paper and industrial case study presentations
- Hear panel discussions and fast abstracts
- Attend the doctoral symposium, poster sessions, and a number of workshops on emerging important topics.
This Year's ThemeThe theme of this year's conference is The Integration of Heterogeneous and Mobile Services in Smart Environments. Authors are invited to submit original, unpublished research work, as well as industrial practice reports.The emergence and increasing importance of digital society, cyber-physical systems, and semantic, pervasive, and mobile computing are expanding the role of software and applications in smart environments. Associated with these paradigms are instruments, sensors, and applications that generate and require analysis of massive volumes of diverse, heterogeneous, complex, and distributed data. The potential of the emerging electric smart grid motivates developing systems designed with smart grid capabilities foremost in mind. Beyond the core emphasis areas of the conference, COMPSAC 2014 will provide additional tracks, special sessions, panels, and keynotes to deepen the understanding of these opportunities and challenges by furthering the fundamental contributions needed for advances in software and breakthroughs in big data analytics.
Past and Present Collaborative Journals and Publications
Key Organizers, COMPSAC 2014
- COMPSAC Standing Committee Chair: Carl K. Chang, Iowa State University
- 2014 Steering Committee Chair: Bruce McMillin, Missouri S&T, USA
- 2014 General Chair: John Walz, 2012 IEEE Computer Society President
- 2014 General Chair: Tiberiu Seceleanu, ABB Corporate Research, Sweden
- 2014 Program Chair: Ali Hurson, Missouri S&T, USA
- 2014 Program Chair: Cristina Seceleanu, Mälardalen University, Sweden
- 2014 Program Chair: Kenichi Yoshida, University of Tsukuba, Japan