Outstanding Chapter Award
The IEEE Computer Society has initiated the Outstanding Chapter Award to recognize the Computer Society professional section chapter and student branch chapter that are judged as having provided their membership with the best overall membership experience. The chapter's receiving the award will be recognized for achieving excellence in their chapter operations at a IEEE Computer Society Board of Governors meeting. Chapters will compete based on success in the following categories:
1. Technical Activities
2. Societal Activities
3. Membership Advancement, Fellow Nominations and Awards
4. Increase in the number of new Computer Society members.
The Award: The award consists of an Outstanding Chapters Award certificate (one for the winning professional section chapter and one for the winning student branch chapter), and a US $1,000 cash prize to be used to sponsor chapter activities.
The deadline is : 15 December 2018
Requirements: The award allows large and small chapters to compete on an equal basis. The following are requirements for competing:
1. Submit a detailed list of the Chapter's activity in the following areas:
a. Service to members in the technical area (technical meetings, tutorials, education, etc.);
b. Service to members in the societal area (involvement in non-technical society activities; volunteer activity in CS public affairs, Section activities, or work with the local membership);
c. Promotion of membership advancement, Fellow nominations, and IEEE awards; and
2. Number of members in the chapter for the 2017 and 2018 membership years,
3. The total application should not exceed 3 pages (no less than then 10pt font).
4. To be eligible to win -- Chapters should not have won the OCA for the three preceding years.
Judging Criteria: Chapters are judged by fulfilling the above requirements.
Please email your files and materials (see above requirements) by 15 December 2018 to Kerry Cosby: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your OCA application. Thank you!