IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems
IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS) is a scholarly archival journal published monthly. Parallelism and distributed computing are foundational research and technology to rapidly advance computer systems and their applications. Read the full scope of TPDS.
Expand your horizons with Colloquium, a monthly survey of abstracts from all CS transactions! Replaces OnlinePlus in January 2017.
From the December 2018 Issue
PEPS++: Towards Extreme-scale Simulations of Strongly Correlated Quantum Many-particle Models on Sunway TainhuLight
By Lixin He, Hong An, Chao Yang, Fei Wang, Junshi Chen, Chao Wang, Weihao Liang, Shaojun Dong, Qiao Sun, Wenting Han, Wenyuan Liu, Yongjian Han, and Wenjun Yao
The study of strongly frustrated magnetic systems has drawn great attentions from both theoretical and experimental physics. Efficient simulations of these models are essential for understanding their exotic properties. Here we present PEPS++, a novel computational paradigm for simulating frustrated magnetic systems and other strongly correlated quantum many-body systems. PEPS++ can accurately solve these models at the extreme scale with low cost and high scalability on modern heterogeneous supercomputers. We implement PEPS++ on Sunway TaihuLight based on a carefully designed tensor computation library for manipulating high-rank tensors and optimize it by invoking various high-performance matrix and tensor operations. By solving a 2D strongly frustrated J1-J2 model with over ten million cores, PEPS++ demonstrates the capability of simulating strongly correlated quantum many-body problems at unprecedented scales with accuracy and time-to-solution far beyond the previous state of the art.
Editorials and Announcements
- We are pleased to announce that Manish Parashar, a Distinguished Professor of Computer Science at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey University, has been selected as the new Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems starting in 2018.
- We are pleased to announce that Xian-He Sun, a Distinguished Professor of Computer Science at The Illinois Institute of Technology, has been selected as the new Associate Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems starting in 2018.
- TPDS now offers authors access to Code Ocean. Code Ocean is a cloud-based executable research platform that allows authors to share their algorithms in an effort to make the world’s scientific code more open and reproducible. Learn more or sign up for free.
- According to Clarivate Analytics' 2016 Journal Citation Report, TPDS has an impact factor of 4.181.
- State of the Journal (January 2018)
- Editor's Note (December 2017)
- Editor's Note (January 2017)
- Editor's Note (January 2016)
- Editor's Note (January 2015)
- State of the Journal (January 2014)
- Editor's Note: EIC Farewell and New EIC Introduction (Dec 2013)
- Editor's Note: How to Write Research Articles in Computing and Engineering Disciplines by Ivan Stojmenovic
- Full Supplemental PDF of Editor's Note: How to Write Research Articles in Computing and Engineering Disciplines by Ivan Stojmenovic and Veljko Milutinovic (PDF)
- Special Issue on Trust, Security, and Privacy in Parallel and Distributed Systems (Feb 2014)
- Special Issue on Cloud Computing (June 2013)
Access recently published TPDS articles
Subscribe to the RSS feed of recently published TPDS content
Sign up for e-mail notifications through IEEE Xplore Content Alerts
View TPDS preprints in the Computer Society Digital Library
TPDS is indexed in ISI