Technical Committee on Multimedia Computing (TCMC)
The TC on Multimedia Computing (TCMC) is related to interest in all aspects of hardware and software systems that bring about the synchronization of a variety of different types of media such as audio, video, text, and animation to convey information.
Through proper integration of advances in communication, storage, and distributed computing, multimedia information in local, networked, and mobile computing systems can be integrated, semantically analyzed, and shared. This includes the capture, creation, transmission, storage, semantic analysis, integration, presentation, and sharing of multimedia information; hardware and software issues that are unique to multimedia computing; development of multimedia standards, user interfaces, programming environments, analytical tools, security protocols, and applications.
The goal of the TC is to bring together practitioners and researchers interested in multimedia systems for the purpose of promoting multimedia computing technology development as well as fostering activities that will benefit the membership and the profession as a whole.
TCMC ChairMei-Ling Shyu
University of Miami
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
1251 Memorial Drive
Coral Gables, FL 33146, USA
- TCMC has received an "excellent" vitality rating for 6 years in a row!
- The First IEEE International Conference on Multimedia Information Processing and Retrieval (MIPR'18), sponsored by TCMC, will be held in Miami, Florida, USA, April 10-12, 2018.
- The19th IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia (ISM'17), sponsored by TCMC, will be held in Taichung, Taiwan, December 11-13, 2017.
- The IEEE 18th International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration (IRI'17), sponsored by TCMC, will be held in San Diego, California, USA, August 4-6, 2017.
- The TCMC meeting will be held in conjunction with the IEEE International Conference on Multimedia & Expo (ICME'17) in Hong Kong on July 12, 2017.