Software Experts Summit 2013
17 July 2013 | Redmond, WA
Smart Data Science: Harnessing
Data for Intelligent Decision Making
Software Experts Summit 13 was an outstanding success! Presented by IEEE Software magazine, the IEEE Computer Society, and Shell, the event was held at the Microsoft campus in Redmond, Washington, and included presentations that explored the opportunities and challenges of smart data science.
We have posted slides from the following speakers for your convenience:
- "Think Big" (.pdf) by Paul Zikopoulos of IBM,
- "Analyzing Engineering Process Data at Microsoft: What's the Opportunity?" (.pptx) by Wolfram Schulte of Microsoft Research,
- "Big Data: Answering Questions and Solving Society's Problems, but at What Cost?" (.pptx) by John Howie of the Cloud Security Alliance,
- "Mapreduce over a Petabyte is Easy: Some Important Big Data Practicalities" (.pdf) by Jeromy Carriere of Google, and
- "Small Data in Big Data" (.pdf) by Ayse Bener of the Data Science Laboratory at Ryerson University.
In addition, we have posted the following video footage of speaker's presentations at SES 12:
- James Whittaker on "Yesterday, Today and the Next Decade"
- John Howie on "Big Data: Answering Questions and Solving Society's Problems, but at What Cost?"
- Wolfram Schulte on "Analyzing Engineering Process Data at Microsoft: What's the Opportunity?"
- Ayse Bener on "Small Data in Big Data"
- Panel discussion on "Big Data in Context"