1. Nine New Associate Editors
It is my great pleasure to welcome nine new Associate Editors to the TKDE Editorial Board:
• Dr. Yixin Chen, Washington University in St. Louis, USA,
• Professor Juergen Dix, Clausthal University of Technology, Germany,
• Professor Sergio Greco, University of Calabria, Italy,
• Dr. Eamonn Keogh, University of California-Riverside, USA,
• Professor Jianzhong Li, Harbin Institute of Technology, China,
• Professor Qing Li, City University of Hong Kong, China,
• Professor Yannis Papakonstantinou, University of California-San Diego, USA,
• Professor V.S. Subrahmanian, University of Maryland, College Park, USA, and
• Professor Zhi-Hua Zhou, Nanjing University, China.
• Their biographies and photos are given below.
These new Associate Editors are all established researchers in their respective areas. They were carefully selected based on their research expertise and past publication experience with TKDE and also along with the existing Associate Editors to provide excellent coverage of main TKDE areas, including data mining, database systems, and knowledge engineering.
2. Farewell to Retiring Associate Editors
As an established policy for all IEEE Computer Society transactions, Associated Editors are only allowed to serve a maximum of two successive 2-year terms. The following Associate Editors have completed their two terms:
• Charu Aggarwal,
• Edward Chang,
• Charles Elkan,
• Ling Liu,
• Beng Chin Ooi,
• Kyuseok Shim,
• Wei Wang,
• Mohammed Zaki, and
• Ning Zhong.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of these retiring Associate Editors for their excellent service to TKDE and for helping us with all the manuscripts they have handled. TKDE is truly appreciative of their efforts.