1. Introducing Our Survey Editor
I am pleased to announce that Dr. Christopher Clifton from Purdue University has been "promoted" as Survey Editor for TKDE to look after survey papers for the transactions. Dr. Clifton served as an Associate Editor for 3.5 years before the current Survey editor appointment. He will be developing TKDE survey guidelines with the Editor-in-Chief and Associate Editor-in-Chief.
2. Five New Associate Editors
TKDE welcomes the following five new Associate Editors who have joined its Editorial Board:
• Professor Elisa Bertino, Purdue University, USA,
• Dr. Minos Garofalakis, Yahoo! Research, USA,
• Dr. Jian Pei, Simon Fraser University, Canada,
• Professor Sameer Singh, Loughborough University, UK, and
• Professor Shichao Zhang, Guangxi Normal University, China.
Their biographies and photos are given below.
TKDE Associate Editors are established researchers in their respective areas, and have been carefully selected based on their research expertise and past publication experience with TKDE.
3. Farewell to Retiring Associate Editors
As an established policy for all IEEE Computer Society transactions, Associated Editors are only allowed to serve a maximum of two successive 2-year terms. The following Associate Editors have completed their two terms,
• Daniel Keim,
• Nick Koudas,
• Rajeev Motwani,
• Ke Wang, and
• Gerhard Weikum.
Also, Dieter Fensel and Johannes Gehrke are stepping down from the TKDE Editorial Board.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of these retiring Associate Editors for upholding the standards of the transactions and rendering their excellent service to the scientific community.