• the accuracy was directly proportional to the length,
• the final result often depended on interpolation,
• there was a possibility of uneven expansion of the elements as the ambient temperature increased,
• it was slow (relatively),
• it could not produce a hard-copy record of its results, and
• understanding and utilizing all of its capability required training.
• the frequency response differs depending on which style of diaphragm or bell is employed and the pressure applied, and
• the tubing can introduce sound artifacts.