IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics
IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG) is a monthly journal that publishes research on subjects related to computer graphics and visualization techniques, systems, software, hardware, and user interface issues. Read the full scope of TVCG.
From the March 2015 issue
Personal Visualization and Personal Visual Analytics
By Dandan Huang, Melanie Tory, Bon Adriel Aseniero, Lyn Bartram, Scott Bateman, Sheelagh Carpendale, Anthony Tang, and Robert Woodbury
Data surrounds each and every one of us in our daily lives, ranging from exercise logs, to archives of our interactions with others on social media, to online resources pertaining to our hobbies. There is enormous potential for us to use these data to understand ourselves better and make positive changes in our lives. Visualization (Vis) and visual analytics (VA) offer substantial opportunities to help individuals gain insights about themselves, their communities and their interests; however, designing tools to support data analysis in non-professional life brings a unique set of research and design challenges. We investigate the requirements and research directions required to take full advantage of Vis and VA in a personal context. We develop a taxonomy of design dimensions to provide a coherent vocabulary for discussing personal visualization and personal visual analytics. By identifying and exploring clusters in the design space, we discuss challenges and share perspectives on future research. This work brings together research that was previously scattered across disciplines. Our goal is to call research attention to this space and engage researchers to explore the enabling techniques and technology that will support people to better understand data relevant to their personal lives, interests, and needs.
Editorials and Announcements
- Dr. Leila De Floriani Announced as New Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics
- TVCG celebrates its 20th Anniversary. Editor-in-Chief Ming Lin says, "Celebrating 20 years of success in publishing as the world's leading journal in visualization and computer graphics, TVCG has continued to present many of the most impactful research results and state-of-the-art seminal papers, enabling rapid dissemination of important work and contributing to the growth of the field. Congratulations!"
- TVCG Partners With Conferences
- Print on Demand is Now Available for OnlinePlus Titles
- Editor's Note (February 2015)
- A Message from the New Editor-In-Chief (January 2015)
- EIC Farewell and New EIC Introduction (January 2015)
- Editor's Note (August 2014)
- State of the Journal (January 2014)
- Message fron the Editor-in-Chief (December 2013)
- Special Section on the ACM SIGGRAPH/Eurographics Symposium on Computer Animation (SCA) (October 2014)
- Special Section on the IEEE Pacific Visualization Symposium (August 2014)
- Special Issue on the ACM SIGGRAPH Symposium on Interactive 3D Graphics and Games 2013 (July 2014)
- Special Section on the International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality 2012 (June 2014)
- Special Section on the ACM SIGGRAPH/Eurographics Symposium on Computer Animation (SCA) (January 2014)
- Special Section on the Eurographics Symposium on Parallel Graphics and Visualization (EGPGV) (June 2012)
Access recently published TVCG articles
Subscribe to the RSS feed of latest TVCG content added to the digital library.
Sign up for the Transactions Connection newsletter.
TVCG is indexed in MEDLINE®/PubMed® & ISI