IEEE Transactions on Haptics
IEEE Transactions on Haptics (ToH) has moved to the OnlinePlus publication model starting with 2014 issues! IEEE Transactions on Haptics (ToH) is a quarterly journal that publishes archival research results related to the science, technology and applications associated with information acquisition and object manipulation through touch.
From the April-June 2015 issue
Surface-Roughness-Based Virtual Textiles: Evaluation Using a Multi-Contactor Display
By Matthew Philpott and Ian R. Summers
Virtual textiles, generated in response to exploratory movements, are presented to the fingertip via a 24-contactor vibrotactile array. Software models are based on surface-roughness profiles from real textiles. Results suggest that distinguishable “textile-like” surfaces are produced, but these lack the necessary accuracy for reliable matching to real textiles.
Editorials and Announcements
- Rendering Tactile Features on Touchscreens by R.L. Klatzky and J.E. Colgate was featured in the November 2014 issue of Computer.
- According to Thomson Reuters' 2013 Journal Citation Report, ToH has an impact factor of 2.030.
- Get Your Journals as eBooks for Free
- ToH Citations for Meritorious Service (2008-2014)
- Editorial (Jan-March 2015)
- Editorial (Jan-March 2014)
- EIC Editorial (Oct-Dec 2013)
- Editorial (Jan-March 2013)
- News from the Field: Coders and the Creative Unite to Design and Build Apps for Surface Haptics (April-June 2015)
- News from the Field Asia Haptics (Jan-March 2015)
- News from the Field (Oct-Dec 2014)
- News from the Field (July-Sept 2014)
- News from the Field (April-June 2014)
- Book Review: Human Robotics: Neuromechanics and Motor Control (PDF)
Call for Papers
- Special Issue on Haptics in Neuroscience (PDF)
Submission Deadline: December 1, 2015.
- Submit your papers to ToH. Open Ended call for papers (PDF)
Access recently published ToH articles
Subscribe to the RSS feed of latest ToH content added to the digital library.
Sign up for the Transactions Connection newsletter.
ToH is a joint publication of the IEEE Computer Society, IEEE Robotics and Automation Society and the IEEE Consumer Electronics Society.
Indexed in MEDLINE®/PubMed® & ISI