IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering
IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE) is an archival journal published monthly designed to inform researchers, developers, managers, strategic planners, users, and others interested in state-of-the-art and state-of-the-practice activities in the knowledge and data engineering area. Read the full scope of TKDE
IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE) has moved to the OnlinePlus publication model starting with 2013 issues!
From the June 2015 issue
Top-k Similarity Join in Heterogeneous Information Networks
By Yun Xiong, Yangyong Zhu, and Philip S. Yu
As a newly emerging network model, heterogeneous information networks (HINs) have received growing attention. Many data mining tasks have been explored in HINs, including clustering, classification, and similarity search. Similarity join is a fundamental operation required for many problems. It is attracting attention from various applications on network data, such as friend recommendation, link prediction, and online advertising. Although similarity join has been well studied in homogeneous networks, it has not yet been studied in heterogeneous networks. Especially, none of the existing research on similarity join takes different semantic meanings behind paths into consideration and almost all completely ignore the heterogeneity and diversity of the HINs. In this paper, we propose a path-based similarity join (PS-join) method to return the top $k$ similar pairs of objects based on any user specified join path in a heterogeneous information network. We study how to prune expensive similarity computation by introducing bucket pruning based locality sensitive hashing (BPLSH) indexing. Compared with existing Link-based Similarity join (LS-join) method, PS-join can derive various similarity semantics. Experimental results on real data sets show the efficiency and effectiveness of the proposed approach.
Editorials and Announcements
- Get Your Journals as eBooks for Free
- TKDE celebrates its 25th Anniversary. Editor-in-Chief Jian Pei says, "We are celebrating the 25th Anniversary of TKDE. Since its first issue in March 1989, TKDE has published 2,981 articles, and another 220 articles in the early access portal. With 898 submissions and 79 accepted articles in 2012, TKDE is now the premier journal in the broad and general fields of data management, data mining, and knowledge engineering. We thank all the authors, reviewers, and readers for their continuing support to TKDE. As always, we are eager to hear your ideas and suggestions, and will do our best to meet your expectations. With all your passions, contributions, and supports, TKDE is embracing the new era of big data and big data analytics. Happy birthday to TKDE!"
- State of the Journal Editorial (January 2015)
- Editorial: State of the Transactions (January 2014)
- Editorial (August 2013)
- New EIC Editorial (Feb 2013)
- Outgoing EIC Editorial (Feb 2013)
- State of the Journal (Feb 2012)
- EIC Editorial (January 2011)
- Special Section on the International Conference on Data Engineering (June 2014)
- Special Section on the 27th International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2011)(Oct 2012)
- Special Section on Keyword Search on Structured Data (Dec 2011)
- Cloud Data Management (Sept 2011)
- Special Section on the 26th International Conference on Data Engineering (Aug 2011)
Access recently published TKDE articles
Subscribe to the RSS feed of latest TKDE content added to the digital library.
Sign up for the Transactions Connection newsletter.