IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering
IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE) is an archival journal published monthly designed to inform researchers, developers, managers, strategic planners, users, and others interested in state-of-the-art and state-of-the-practice activities in the knowledge and data engineering area. Read the full scope of TKDE
IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE) has moved to the OnlinePlus publication model starting with 2013 issues!
From the April 2015 issue
ISC: An Iterative Social Based Classifier for Adult Account Detection on Twitter
By Hanqiang Cheng, Xinyu Xing, Xue Liu, and Qin Lv
The widespread of adult content on online social networks (e.g., Twitter) is becoming an emerging yet critical problem. An automatic method to identify accounts spreading sexually explicit content (i.e., adult account) is of significant values in protecting children and improving user experiences. Traditional adult content detection techniques are ill-suited for detecting adult accounts on Twitter due to the diversity and dynamics in Twitter content. In this paper, we formulate the adult account detection as a graph based classification problem and demonstrate our detection method on Twitter by using social links between Twitter accounts and entities in tweets. As adult Twitter accounts are mostly connected with normal accounts and post many normal entities, which makes the graph full of noisy links, existing graph based classification techniques cannot work well on such a graph. To address this problem, we propose an iterative social based classifier (ISC), a novel graph based classification technique resistant to the noisy links. Evaluations using large-scale real-world Twitter data show that, by labeling a small number of popular Twitter accounts, ISC can achieve satisfactory performance in adult account detection, significantly outperforming existing techniques.
Editorials and Announcements
- Get Your Journals as eBooks for Free
- TKDE celebrates its 25th Anniversary. Editor-in-Chief Jian Pei says, "We are celebrating the 25th Anniversary of TKDE. Since its first issue in March 1989, TKDE has published 2,981 articles, and another 220 articles in the early access portal. With 898 submissions and 79 accepted articles in 2012, TKDE is now the premier journal in the broad and general fields of data management, data mining, and knowledge engineering. We thank all the authors, reviewers, and readers for their continuing support to TKDE. As always, we are eager to hear your ideas and suggestions, and will do our best to meet your expectations. With all your passions, contributions, and supports, TKDE is embracing the new era of big data and big data analytics. Happy birthday to TKDE!"
- State of the Journal Editorial (January 2015)
- Editorial: State of the Transactions (January 2014)
- Editorial (August 2013)
- New EIC Editorial (Feb 2013)
- Outgoing EIC Editorial (Feb 2013)
- State of the Journal (Feb 2012)
- EIC Editorial (January 2011)
- Special Section on the International Conference on Data Engineering (June 2014)
- Special Section on the 27th International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2011)(Oct 2012)
- Special Section on Keyword Search on Structured Data (Dec 2011)
- Cloud Data Management (Sept 2011)
- Special Section on the 26th International Conference on Data Engineering (Aug 2011)
Access recently published TKDE articles
Subscribe to the RSS feed of latest TKDE content added to the digital library.
Sign up for the Transactions Connection newsletter.