Welcome to the December 2010 Edition of the PAMI-TC monthly mailing.
This month's topics include:
1. IEEE Biometrics Compendium
2. CFP: ICIMCS 2011
IEEE introduces its first virtual journal, the IEEE Biometrics Compendium.
- A collection of previously published IEEE papers chosen by biometrics
experts, highlighting various biometrics topics
- Value-added commentary from technology experts
- Created by the IEEE Biometrics Council, published quarterly
- Subscribers receive full-text access to all articles published in the
current year as well as past years
You can check out the first issue of IEEE Biometrics Compendium. More
importantly, please subscribe to it!
The Third International Conference on Internet Multimedia Computing and
Service (ICIMCS 2011) will focus on a wide variety of key issues and new
approaches, which aim to tackle problems arising from the fast-growing
internet multimedia and the users' requirements on multimedia service. The
ICIMCS 2011 is a forum for both academic researchers and industry
developers to exchange information on the state-of-the-art of internet
multimedia processing, analysis and applications. The ICIMCS 2011 also
provides perspective attendees the chances to identify the emerging
research topics, as well as the future of internet multimedia computing.
The conference invites original technical papers that were not previously
published and are not currently under review for publication elsewhere.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Learning techniques for web scale multimedia annotation and
- Large-scale image/video indexing, query and re-ranking
- Performance evaluation for large scale multimedia processing
- Multimedia mining and understanding in social network environment
- Cross media computing by integrating visual, aural and textual
- Human factor issues for internet multimedia computing
- Adaptive multimedia accessing and browsing for mobile equipment
- Digital right management and data protection for multimedia
- Interactive multimedia data management and service systems
Paper Submission: May 1, 2011
Notification of Paper Acceptance: June 1, 2011
Camera-ready Paper Due: June 15, 2011