Candidates Approved for 2012 IEEE-CS Election
- Ann DeMarle, associate professor and director of Champlain College's Emergent Media Center and MFA program, and member at large of the Technical and Conference Activities Board
- Jean-Luc Gaudiot, professor of electrical engineering and computer science at University of California, Irvine, and Board of Governors member;
- Harold Javid, director of Microsoft's Americas/Australia/New Zealand Regional Program, and chair of the Computer Society Industry Advisory Board;
- Ronald G. Jensen, 2011 President of IEEE-USA and IBM chief engineering manager (retired);
- Phillip Laplante, professor of software engineering at Penn State University, and former Board of Governors member;
- Simon Liu, director of the US National Agriculture Laboratory and editor in chief of IT Professional;
- Xun Luo, a senior research engineer at Qualcomm, and vice chair of the Member and Geographic Activities Board;
- Cecilia Metra, a professor at Università di Bologna and associate editor in chief of IEEE Transactions on Computers;
- Nita Patel, systems and software engineering manager at L-3 Warrior Systems, Insight Technology, and secretary/finance vice chair of the Member and Geographic Activities Board;
- William (Bill) Pitts, a Board of Governors member, and vice chair of the Technical and Conference Activities Board;
- Sattupathu V. Sankaran, Vice President of Member and Geographic Activities and a consultant with SAP Labs;
- Diomidis Spinellis, a professor at Athens University of Economics and Business and IEEE Software Tools of the Trade author; and
- Stefano Zanero, assistant professor at Politecnico di Milano University in Italy, director of the Information Systems Security Association, and Region 8 coordinator for the Member Development Committee.
About IEEE Computer Society
IEEE Computer Society is the world's leading computing membership organization and the trusted information and career-development source for a global workforce of technology leaders including: professors, researchers, software engineers, IT professionals, employers, and students. The unmatched source for technology information, inspiration, and collaboration, the IEEE Computer Society is the source that computing professionals trust to provide high-quality, state-of-the-art information on an on-demand basis. The Computer Society provides a wide range of forums for top minds to come together, including technical conferences, publications, and a comprehensive digital library, unique training webinars, professional training, and the TechLeader Training Partner Program to help organizations increase their staff's technical knowledge and expertise, as well as the personalized information tool myComputer. To find out more about the community for technology leaders, visit http://www.computer.org.