2014-2016 Board of Governors
Biography. EDUCATION: Doctor of Education, University of Massachusetts
AFFILIATION: Massachusetts Institute of Technology; I'm retired, but my wife believes my full-time job is with IEEE!
- Larry K. Wilson Transnational Award (IEEE MGA)
- William Sayle Award for Achievement in Education (Education Society)
- Leadership Award (IEEE MGA)
- Edwin Jones Meritorious Service Award (Education Society)
- Distinguished Contributions to Pre-College Environment (Computer Society)
COMPUTER SOCIETY: Vice Chair, Member and Geographic Activity Board (2012-present); Member, Awards Committee (2011-present); Chair, Computer Science Teaching Award Committee (2010-present); Chair, Taylor Booth Award Committee, (2010-present); Chair, Distinguished Contributions in Pre-College Environment Committee (2010-present).
EDUCATION SOCIETY: President (2011-2012); Secretary (2009-2010); Chair, Chapters Committee, (2003-present); Member, Board of Governors (2005-present).
IEEE (major boards): Associate Editor in Chief, IEEE eLearning Library (2013); Member, Technical Activities Board (2011-2012); Member, EAB's Pre-University Committee (2006-2008);
- Actually understand IEEE's structure
- Revised selection process for Computer Society's (CS) major education awards
- Re-engineered CS MGA's Award/Scholarship support process
- Expanded number of Education Society (EdSoc) chapters from 9 to 69
- Spearheaded the EdSoc's budgeting process
- Brought-about EdSoc's student-only peer-reviewed publication
- Increased EdSoc's revenue by fathering two of three Society conferences
- Created EdSoc's Student Activity Committee