IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing
IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC) is a bimonthly journal that publishes archival research results focusing on foundations, methodologies, and mechanisms that support the achievement—through design, modeling, and evaluation—of systems and networks that are dependable and secure to the desired degree without compromising performance. Read the full scope of TDSC
IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC) has moved to the OnlinePlus publication model.
From the March/April 2015 issue
Performability Evaluation of Grid Environments Using Stochastic Reward Nets
By Reza Entezari-Maleki, Kishor S. Trivedi, and Ali Movaghar
In this paper, performance of grid computing environment is studied in the presence of failure-repair of the resources. To achieve this, in the first step, each of the grid resource is individually modeled using Stochastic Reward Nets (SRNs), and mean response time of the resource for grid tasks is computed as a performance measure. In individual models, three different scheduling schemes called random selection, non-preemptive priority, and preemptive priority are considered to simultaneously schedule local and grid tasks to the processors of a single resource. In the next step, single resource models are combined to shape an entire grid environment. Since the number of the resources in a large-scale grid environment is more than can be handled using such a monolithic SRN, two approximate SRN models using folding and fixed-point techniques are proposed to evaluate the performance of the whole grid environment. Brouwer’s fixed-point theorem is used to theoretically prove the existence of a solution to the fixed-point approximate model. Numerical results indicate an improvement of several orders of magnitude in the model state space reduction without a significant loss of accuracy.
Editorials and Announcements
- EICs Undergoing Reappointment for 2016-2017 Terms: IEEE Computer Society publications have editors in chief who are currently standing for reappointment to a second two-year term. The Publications Board invites comments upon the tenures of the individual editors. Please click here for more details.
- Guest Editor Proposals for IEEE TDSC Special Issues (PDF)
- Get Your Journals as eBooks for Free
- Print on Demand is Now Available for OnlinePlus Titles
Call for Papers
- The State of the Journal (March/April 2014)
- Editor's Note (May/June 2014)
- Editorial (January/February 2014)
- Editorial (January/February 2012)
Access recently published TDSC articles
Subscribe to the RSS feed of latest TDSC content added to the digital library.
Sign up for the Transactions Connection newsletter.
Swimming with Sharks: Security Roundtable