Welcome to the January edition of the PAMI-TC newsletter
This month's topics include:
1. Announcement of results of vote from ICCV 2013 2. Awards presented at ICCV 2013 3. Call for Participation: WACV 2014
Results of the vote for the motions raised at the PAMI-TC Meeting held at ICCV 2013
The PAMI-TC has moved to electronic voting for motions raised at CVPR and ICCV. Our TC meeting vote at ICCV 2013 was quite popular: 560 attendees cast a ballot for three motions.
* Motion: Adopt new PAMI-TC Bylaws and ICCV Charter The motion passed overwhelmingly by more than 10:1. The revised TC bylaws and new ICCV charter are hereby adopted. Over the next few months the initial members of the PAMI-TC Executive Committee will be appointed. The TC website, at http://www.computer.org/portal/web/tcpami, is being updated to reflect the new structure.
* Motion: General Chair Paper Submission The motion passed by more than 2:1. General chairs will be permitted to submit papers to ICCV, but only if the program chairs guarantee that the general chairs will have the exact same access and software privileges regarding the reviewing process that are available to every author. The amended ICCV charter is now on the TC website.
* Motion: ICCV 2017 Bids (Paris vs. Venice) Congratulations to the Venice team, which was selected in an extremely close vote.
ICCV 2013 Awards
* PAMI Azriel Rosenfeld Lifetime Achievement Award: Jan Koenderink View his acceptance speech: http://youtu.be/-z1hI-ocHfs
* PAMI Distinguished Researcher Award:
Jitendra Malik and Andrew Zisserman
* PAMI Mark Everingham Prize:
P. Jonathon Phillips and the OpenCV team, represented by Gary Bradski
* ICCV Helmholtz Prize (replacing the "Test of Time" award):
Group Photo: http://goo.gl/32FWf2
Michael Kass, Andrew Witkin and Demetri Terzopoulos, Snakes: Active Contour Models, ICCV 1987
Michael J. Swain and Dana H. Ballard, Indexing via color histograms, ICCV 1990
Bill Freeman and Ted Adelson, Steerable filters for early vision, image analysis, and wavelet decomposition, ICCV 1990
Michael Black and P. Anandan, A framework for the robust estimation of optical flow, ICCV 1993
Paul Viola and William M. Wells III, Alignment by Maximization of Mutual Information, ICCV 1995
Richard Hartley, In Defence of the 8-Point Algorithm, ICCV 1995
Carlo Tomasi and Roberto Manduchi, Bilateral Filtering for Gray and Color Images, ICCV 1998
Yossi Rubner, Carlo Tomasi and Leonidas J. Guibas, A Metric for Distributions with Applications to Image Databases, ICCV 1998
Song Chun Zhu, Tai Sing Lee and Alan Yuille, Region Competition: Unifying Snakes, Region Growing, Energy/Bayes/MDL for Multi-band Image Segmentation, ICCV 1995
Zhengyou Zhang, Flexible Camera Calibration by Viewing a Plane from Unknown Orientations, ICCV 1999
Alyosha Efros and Thomas K. Leung, Texture Synthesis by Non-parametric Sampling, ICCV 1999
* Marr Prize Paper:
Vicente Ordonez, Jia Deng, Yejin Choi, Alexander Berg and Tamara Berg, From Large Scale Image Categorization to Entry-Level Categories
* Marr Prize Honorable Mentions:
Yuandong Tian and Srinivasa Narasimhan, Hierarchical Data-driven Descent for Efficient Optimal Deformation Estimation
Christoph Vogel, Konrad Schindler and Stefan Roth, Piecewise Rigid Scene Flow
Registration is now open for WACV 2014, which will be held March 24-26 in Steamboat Springs, CO. While the acronym is being kept, the PAMI-TC's premier meeting on applications of computer vision has been promoted to be a full IEEE conference, rather than an IEEE workshop. This means scope of topics has been increased to all areas of computer vision.
Details are available at: http://www.wacv14.org/
For those looking to share a room, share a ride or just share a comment, you can do so on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/WACV14
Information for Subscribers: Need to edit your subscription or unsubscribe? Visit the PAMI-TC subscription page:
New subscriptions can also be made from the same page.
Don't hesitate to recommend this list to interested colleagues.
This newsletter is also available at our website and on LinkedIn.
Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence Technical Committee (PAMI-TC) LinkedIn group: http://goo.gl/aypGu
PAMI-TC web portal: http://www.computer.org/portal/web/tcpami
Pamitc mailing list
Pamitc mailing list