Technical Committee on Multimedia Computing (TCMC)
The TC on Multimedia Computing (TCMC) is related to interest in all aspects of hardware and software systems that bring about the synchronization of a variety of different types of media such as audio, video, text, and animation to convey information.
Through proper integration of advances in communication, storage, and distributed computing, multimedia information in local, networked, and mobile computing systems can be integrated, semantically analyzed, and shared. This includes the capture, creation, transmission, storage, semantic analysis, integration, presentation, and sharing of multimedia information; hardware and software issues that are unique to multimedia computing; development of multimedia standards, user interfaces, programming environments, analytical tools, security protocols, and applications.
The goal of the TC is to bring together practitioners and researchers interested in multimedia systems for the purpose of promoting multimedia computing technology development as well as fostering activities that will benefit the membership and the profession as a whole.
TCMC ChairShu-Ching Chen
Florida International University
School of Computing and Information Sciences
11200 SW 8th Street
Miami, FL 33199, USA
- The 1st TCMC executive meeting in 2015 was held in conjunction with IEEE 2015 Intl. Conf. on Semantic Computing (ICSC) in Anaheim, Califorinia, USA on Feb. 9.
- TCMC is one of the 18 technical committees/councils who received an "excellent" vitality rating. Computer magazine ran a piece on the 2013 TC vitality review process in the December 2013 issue. Those 18 TCs were highlighted, as well as information on becoming a TC member. See the article.
- The November Bay Area Multimedia Forum will be held in Palo Alto, CA on Nov. 20th, 2014 - http://www.bammf.org/
- The 3rd Bay Area Multimedia Forum was held in Palo Alto, CA on May. 27th, 2014. Here you can find the videos of the talks presented in this event: http://www.bammf.org/
- To join TCMC, please go to https://www.ieee.org/membership-catalog/productdetail/showProductDetailPage.html?product=CMYMC717
- TCMC Vice Chair, Dr. Mei-Ling Shyu, is the recipient of the IEEE Computer Society 2012 Technical Achievement Award