Two New Journals Seek Editors-in-Chief for 2015-2017 Terms
LOS ALAMITOS, Calif., 14 March 2014 -- IEEE Computer Society seeks applicants for editors in chief of two new journals, IEEE Transactions on Multi-Scale Computing Systems (TMSCS) and IEEE Transactions on Big Data (TBD) for three-year terms starting 1 January 2015.
Prospective candidates are asked to provide a complete curriculum vitae, a brief plan for the publication's future, and a letter of support from their institution or employer (as PDF files) to Kimberly Sperka, firstname.lastname@example.org, by 1 June 2014.
IEEE TMSCS is a peer-reviewed publication devoted to computing systems that exploit multi-scale and multi-functionality. IEEE TBD publishes peer-reviewed articles focusing on big data, providing cross-disciplinary innovative research ideas and applications results for big data including novel theory, algorithms, and applications.
Candidates for editor in chief positions should possess a good understanding of industry, academic, and government aspects of the specific publication's field. In addition, candidates must demonstrate the managerial skills necessary to process manuscripts through the editorial cycle in a timely fashion. An editor in chief must be able to attract respected experts to his or her editorial board.
Major responsibilities include
- actively soliciting high-quality manuscripts from potential authors and, with support from publication staff, helping these authors get their manuscripts published;
- identifying and appointing editorial board members, with the concurrence of the Steering Committee;
- selecting competent manuscript reviewers, with the help of editorial board members, and managing timely reviews of manuscripts;
- directing editorial board members to seek special-issue proposals and manuscripts in specific areas;
- providing a clear, broad focus through promotion of personal vision and guidance where appropriate; and
- resolving conflicts or problems as necessary.
?Applicants should possess recognized expertise in the computer science and engineering community, and must have clear employer support. Applicants will be notified of the search results approximately four months following the application deadline.
About IEEE Computer Society
IEEE Computer Society is the world's leading computing membership organization and the trusted information and career-development source for a global workforce of technology leaders including: professors, researchers, software engineers, IT professionals, employers, and students. The unmatched source for technology information, inspiration, and collaboration, the IEEE Computer Society is the source that computing professionals trust to provide high-quality, state-of-the-art information on an on-demand basis. The Computer Society provides a wide range of forums for top minds to come together, including technical conferences, publications, and a comprehensive digital library, unique training webinars,professional training, and the TechLeader Training Partner Program to help organizations increase their staff's technical knowledge and expertise. To find out more about the community for technology leaders, visit http://www.computer.org.