Engineering for Change Debuts with Launch of Online Platform
LOS ALAMITOS, Calif., 26 January 2011 -- IEEE, the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, and Engineers Without Borders USA have launched EngineeringforChange.org, an online platform that provides engineers, technologists, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and local community advocates the tools to collaboratively address humanitarian and global development challenges.
Members of the Engineering for Change community – working together – will design, apply and share knowledge to develop technical solutions for humanitarian and global development challenges in local communities throughout the world.
The E4C Web site is designed to provide users with a convenient and diversified way to learn, collaborate and share knowledge – leading to enhanced problem solving. As part of this growing community, E4C users will be able to:
- post challenges and problems to gain insight, perspectives and experience from other E4C community members;
- work collaboratively and virtually on project teams;
- utilize a growing, open-source archive of catalogued solutions and related information submitted by organizations from around the world;
- keep updated with news and information related to the nexus of engineering and global development;
- learn from expert practitioners on applying engineering in developing communities;
- track projects of interest.