Computer Magazine Now Available in Print or Digital
LOS ALAMITOS, Calif., 9 October, 2009 – Computer magazine, the IEEE Computer Society’s flagship magazine, is now available to renewing members in print or digital formats.
The default selection will continue to be print for those renewing their IEEE Computer Society memberships. But renewing members can opt to receive the monthly issue in digital edition format instead of print to reap the benefits of faster delivery, electronic storage.
To select the digital option and modify your renewal order, go to http://www.ieee.org and:
1. Select "Log in to My Account," and log in
2. Click on the "Renew Membership" button
3. Click on "Proceed to Renewal"
4. Click on "Save Cart," which will take you to "The IEEE Shop/Your Cart" page
5. In the "Item" column, find "IEEE Computer Society Membership"
6. Go to the far right-hand column and look for the wrench icon for "Print/ePub Options"
7. Click on the wrench to go to the "Choose Print/ePub Options" page
8. Go down to "Computer Magazine - Print or Digital Edition"
9. Click on "IEEE Computer Magazine Digital" shown in red.
New members can also opt for print or digital versions of Computer, although the process is slightly different. To make your designation:
1. From the http://www.computer.org homepage, under “What Do You Want to Do?”, select “Join the Computer Society”
2. Under “Professional Membership,” select the type of membership you desire
3. Create your IEEE Account
4. Fill out your profile
5. On “The IEEE Shop/Your Cart” page, select print or digital by clicking on one of the radio buttons.
Selecting digital will automatically deselect print and you will no longer receive the print issue.
Please allow six to eight weeks to start receiving the digital edition via email, and please make sure to include your email address in your profile.
Opting to receive Computer in digital format will allow readers to immediately access new magazine issues by viewing an enhanced PDF or the web browser-based edition., instead of waiting for new print issues to be delivered by traditional mail. The benefit of quicker delivery will be particularly valuable for international members. Conversion from print to digital will cut down on landfill waste and use of ink and packaging, as well as result in lower emissions being released into the atmosphere.
Computer, the flagship publication of the IEEE Computer Society, publishes peer-reviewed technical content that covers all aspects of computer science, computer engineering, technology, and applications. Computer is a resource that practitioners, researchers, and managers can rely on to provide timely information about current research developments, trends, best practices, and changes in the profession.
About the IEEE Computer Society
With nearly 85,000 members, the IEEE Computer Society is the world’s leading organization of computing professionals. Founded in 1946, and the largest of the 39 societies of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), the Computer Society is dedicated to advancing the theory and application of computer and information-processing technology, and is known globally for its computing standards activities.
The Computer Society serves the information and career-development needs of today’s computing researchers and practitioners with technical journals, magazines, conferences, books, conference publications, and online courses. Its Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP) program for mid-career professionals and Certified Software Development Associate (CSDA) credential for recent college graduates confirm th