The Publications Group helps to advance cloud computing research, development and adoption by bringing timely information on articles and reports of interest to the attention of wider community and by initiating and/or supporting new CS cloud computing publications (Cloud Cover column in Computer, IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing, IEEE Cloud Computing magazine (from 2014) and other new initiatives). It also helps interested persons publish their work and perspectives on cloud computing and get convenient access to relevant publications. It works with CS Publications Board, IEEE Cloud Computing Initiative (CCI), Computing Now, and all the CS magazines and transactions.
New CS Cloud Computing Publications
- Cloud Cover, Bi-monthly column in Computer from Jan 2013
- IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing, from 2013. It's now accepting manuscript submissions.
- Cloud Computing magazine - from 2014.
You can download a sample Cloud Computing magazine here.
Special Issues on Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing, IEEE IT Professional, March-April, 2013
- Cloud Computing in Science & Engineering, Computing in Science & Engineering, July-August 2013.
- Cloud of Clouds, IEEE Transactions on Computers, July 2013
- Cloud Computing, IEEE Pervasive Computing, October 2013.
- Cloud Computing, IT Professional, Jan-Feb 2012
- High Performance Computing in the Cloud, Computing Now, Sep 2012, http://www.computer.org/portal/web/computingnow/archive/september2012
- Authentication Technologies, IEEE Security and Privacy, Jan 2012
- Services Computing, Computing Now, Jan 2011. http://www.computer.org/portal/web/computingnow/archive/january2011
- Economics and the Cloud, Computer, April 2010
- Cloud Computing, IT Professional, Sep-Oct 2010
- Cloud Computing: Opportunities and Challenges, Computing Now, Sep 2009. http://www.computer.org/portal/web/computingnow/archive/september2009
- Cloud Computing, Computing Now, Feb 2009. http://www.computer.org/portal/web/computingnow/archive/february2009
Other CS Publications
The following CS magazines carry cloud computing articles.
- Computing in Science & Engineering
- IEEE Internet Computing
- IT Professional
- IEEE Security & Privacy
- IEEE Software
- IEEE Signal Processing
Finding Articles of Your Interest (Search Engine)
You can search for articles of your interest on cloud computing published in IEEE CS publications and conferences from a large collection here.
Potential keywords: cloud computing, Saas, PaaS, Iaas, Cloud migration, cloud standards, cloud security, cloud compliance, cloud integration, cloud API, virtualization, Identity and access management, OAuth, IT as a service, Cloud Service Providers, Cloud SLAs
Recent Articles of Interest
- IaaS Cloud Architecture: From Virtualized Datacenters to Federated Cloud Infrastructures, Computer, Dec 2012.
- Atomic-Level Security for Web Applications in a Cloud Environment, Computer, Dec 2012
- Federated Identity Management in Industry; We Built it; Why Won't They Come? IEEE Security and Privacy.
- Cloud Computing: A Records and Information Management Perspective, IEEE Security and Privacy, Nov-Dec 2011.
Security and Privacy
- Securing Database as a Service: Issues and Compromises, IEEE Security and Privacy, Nov-Dec 2011.
Adoption and Best Practices
Clouds in Emerging Markets
- Cloud Computing in India, IT Professional, Sep-Oct 2012
Applications and Case Studies
- Security Guidance for Critical Areas of Focus in Cloud Computing, Version 3, Cloud Security Alliance, 2011.
- Cloud Computing: Benefits, risks and recommendations for information security, ENISA, 2009
Helpful Blogs and Links for Further Information
- IEEE Cloud Computing Initiative, http://cloudcomputing.ieee.org/
- Computing Now, http://www.computer.org/portal/web/computingnow/cloud
- Cloud Tweaks http://www.cloudtweaks.com/
- Cloud Humor, http://www.cloudtweaks.com/cloud-humor/
- Gigaom Cloud. http://gigaom.com/cloud/
* If you would like to suggest a good article or report of general interest to include here, send its details to San Murugesan at san1[at]internode.net.