Bridge the gap between college and industry
Designed for emerging markets like India and China, the IEEE Computer Society SWEBOK Certificate Program (SCP) is intended to help college students and graduates bridge the gap between their educations and careers. A precursor to the Certified Software Development Associate (CSDA) credential, the SCP is based on the Guide to the Software Engineering Body of Knowledge (SWEBOK), the authoritative resource for software engineering best practices and knowledge.
Those pursuing SWEBOK certificates will receive:
- An introduction to all 15 SWEBOK knowledge areas
- A choice of 4 learning modules--Software Foundations, Software Management, Software Development, and Software Professional Practices--each with 25 hours of instruction
- The ability to obtain a certificate for each learning module--or all 4.
What will I learn in each module?
- Computing Foundations
- Mathematical Foundations
- Engineering Foundations
Software Life Cycle Management
- Configuration Management
- Engineering Management
- Engineering Process
Software Professional Practices
- Engineering Economics
- Engineering Methods
- Professional Practices
Note: The SWEBOK Certificate Program is currently not offered in the US.
Training companies: Interested in becoming a Registered Education Provider? Contact Chris Ruoff at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Registered Education Provider Latitude Edutech to Offer Software Certificate Workshops
Bangalore-based Latitude Edutech, an IEEE Computer Society Registered Education Provider, will be offering workshops for the SWEBOK Certificate Program (SCP) in September. Read more here.
Whether you're a student, graduate, professional, employer, or college or university, the SWEBOK Certificate Program can benefit you. It's easy to get started. Just contact a Registered Education Provider in your region.
- Bridge the gap between your educational experience and real-world work requirements
- Verify understanding of software engineering principles
Colleges & Universities
- Help prepare your students for industry by providing a solid foundation in software development practices.
- Shorten your training cycle and quickly increase your contribution
- Demonstrate your commitment and professionalism
- Reduce new-hire training cycle
- Protect your investment in a competent and proficient workforce