The Community for Technology Leaders
RSS Icon
Subscribe
Issue No.01 - January (2003 vol.52)
pp: 3
Published by the IEEE Computer Society
As the new Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Computers ( TC), it is my pleasure to thank Jean-Luc Gaudiot for his efforts over the past four years as Editor-in-Chief in further building the journal. During his tenure, the journal has made several advances including reducing the submission to final decision time, accepting supplemental material, and working to cover many subject areas by carefully planning the special issue schedule. We have a healthy collection of papers in the pipeline and the submission rate is strong.
Many individuals contribute to the success of TC: the authors, the readers, the reviewers, the associate editors, the associate editor-in-chief, and the staff at the IEEE Computer Society publications office. During my brief interactions with the IEEE Los Alamitos office, I have been impressed with their enthusiasm, commitment, and professional disposition. I look forward to working with all of them.
The IEEE Transactions on Computers has always been the flagship journal of the Computer Society. It has a broad coverage of topic areas. However, over the years, many new journals covering focused topic areas have been introduced by the Computer Society and other societies. This creates some healthy competition and also some opportunities to focus TC and reestablish its status and serve the community. I am interested in further elevating the status of TC, soliciting submissions, and widening its circulation.
I encourage anyone with ideas or suggestions to contact me via email.
Victor K. Prasanna
Incoming Editor-in-Chief

For information on obtaining reprints of this article, please send e-mail to: tc@computer.org, and reference IEEECS Log Number 117346.

34 ms
(Ver 2.0)

Marketing Automation Platform Marketing Automation Tool