When you get to a fork in the road, take it. —Yogi Berra
• The A in APT now stands for average.
• Blended is the norm: cross-channel, cross-domain, cross-functional.
• Defense against known threats is necessary but insufficient.
• Adversaries have significant technical means funded by cybercrime profits and/or nation-state taxation.
• Current defense techniques are obliterated by accelerating growth in technology.
• Third-party risk continues to increase.
• Imposition of dramatically increased compliance burden does not accrete to improved security.
• Resource constraints continually challenge security program sustainability.