• Launch the process. Top management must stop the project and assign an evaluator (steps 1 and 2).
• Evaluate the status. The evaluator must assess the project and the team as separate entities (steps 3 and 4).
• Introduce changes. The original team defines the minimum achievable goals and steps to rebuild itself (steps 5–7).
• Prepare to resume. The rebuilt team analyzes the risks, revises the plan, and creates an early warning system (steps 8–10).
• Tier 1: India, Ireland, Russia, China, and Israel;
• Tier 2: Brazil, Mexico, South Korea, and the Philippines; and
• Tier 3: countries that have only recently begun outsourcing.