• a product (the technology) that meets the needs of the customer (the production organization),
• a way for the customer to know about the product, and
• a mechanism to reduce the barriers involved in transferring the technology.
• a number of industrial affiliates, including large, well-known companies such as Motorola, Northrup-Grumman, and Raytheon and smaller companies such as Baker Hill, Ontario Systems, and Arxan Technologies;
• governmental organizations such as NASA, the Naval Surface Warfare Center, and the National Energy Technology Laboratory; and
• a dozen or so academic affiliates, including my own university.