• Green use—reduce the energy consumption of data centers, computers, and other information systems and use them in an environmentally sound manner;
• Green disposal—refurbish and reuse old computers and responsibly recycle unwanted computers and other electronic equipments;
• Green design—design energy-efficient and environmentally sound components, computers, servers, cooling equipment, and data centers; and
• Green manufacturing—manufacture electronic components, computers, and other associated subsystems with minimal impact on the environment.
• coordinating, reengineering, and optimizing the supply chain, manufacturing activities, and organizational workflows to minimize the environmental impact;
• making business operations, buildings, and other systems energy efficient;
• analyzing, modeling, and simulating environmental impacts;
• providing platforms for eco-management and emissions trading;
• auditing and reporting energy consumption and savings;
• offering environmental knowledge-management systems, decision-support systems, and environmental ontologies; and
• integrating and aggregating data from environmental monitoring networks.