• Diversify the editorial board to broaden its reach and coverage along gender lines, geographic distribution, and disciplines.
• Establish a strong editorial leadership team that includes two experienced associate EICs (Jeff Voas and Phil Laplante).
• Expand our departments to respond to current issues, summarize recent advances, augment hot topic coverage, highlight new trends, facilitate practical debates, elevate the magazine's visibility, and improve readership and circulation.
• Establish a branded IT Pro white paper series through the IEEE Computer Society's ReadyNotes and TechSets programs to offer in-depth coverage of hot topics.
• Establish a strong presence on Computing Now with blogs or themes that have broad interest to IT professionals.
• Cosponsor or sponsor conferences and symposia to engage IT practitioners, facilitate interaction, highlight recent advances, and increase the magazine's visibility within the IT professional community.