• a way to measure a system's dependability;
• an understanding of what can affect system dependability; and
• ways to increase a system's dependability.
• SOA governance in modeling, assembly, deployment, and management for making service-based solutions dependable;
• life-cycle management for evolving existing services to meet new requirements;
• service customization and assurance using SLAs;
• identifying and addressing emerging threats in the SOC world;
• fault tolerance, fault containment, and failure diagnosis;
• experiences with real-world dependable service deployments; and
• architecting or quantifying dependability.