Guest Editors' Introduction: Wireless Grids--Distributed Resource Sharing by Mobile, Nomadic, and Fixed Devices
• Class 1: Applications aggregating information from the range of input/output interfaces found in nomadic devices.
• Class 2: Applications leveraging the locations and contexts in which the devices exist.
• Class 3: Applications leveraging the mesh network capabilities of groups of nomadic devices.
• new resources,
• new places of use, and
• new institutional ownership and control patterns.
• physical-layer technologies and policy,
• requirements for network infrastructure, and
• enabling middleware.