• Mobility must be built-in, not added as an afterthought, to all communication infrastructures and computing devices.
• It is no longer sufficient to deliver services to the desktop; mobile users will demand the same service for all connected devices through various forms of interaction.
• As mobile devices increase in power, they will shift from client devices to powerful mobile servers with unique local content and services.
• Content transcoding. How should content be converted and adapted for delivery to mobile devices with limited hardware, software, and communication capabilities?
• Authentication. How do applications properly authenticate mobile users when they come in from different channels?
• Security and privacy. How can we deliver content securely on insecure wireless channels and adhere to corporate security policies or personal privacy preferences? 4
• Profiles and personalization. How can we personalize mobile applications based on the environment context and user and device profiles?
• Performance. What are the bottlenecks in the application architecture or the content path?