• real implementation experience;
• a definable, complete architectural description derived from the implementation;
• complete, accurate models describing platform behavior and capability;
• tools allowing integration of platform models into complete, higher-level system models; and
• a common design methodology.
Grant Martin is a Fellow at Cadence Berkeley Labs. His research interests include platform-based design, system-level design, and embedded software. Martin has a BMath and MMath in mathematics from the University of Waterloo. He is a member of the IEEE.