• an introduction to parallel systems,
• cluster architecture and single system image,
• parallel-programming paradigms,
• parallel programming with the message-passing interface (MPI), and
• resource management and scheduling in clusters.
• an introduction to Grids and Grid technologies;
• programming models and parallelization techniques;
• standard application development tools and paradigms such as message passing and parameter parallel programming;
• Grid security infrastructure;
• data management;
• resource management and scheduling in Grids;
• Grid economy;
• setting up a Grid, deploying Grid software and tools, and application execution; and
• application case studies.
• work with Globus 4.0 middleware;
• accept job requests from users continuously;
• discover appropriate resource information dynamically; and
• submit, query, and terminate jobs on these resources.
Rajkumar Buyya is an associate professor and reader of computer science and software engineering at the University of Melbourne. He's also the director of the Grid Computing and Distributed Systems Laboratory at the university. He serves as the chair of the IEEE Technical Committee for Scalable Computing. Contact him at mailto:email@example.com; http://www.buyya.com">www.buyya.com.