• George K. Thiruvathukal, professor of computer science at Loyola University Chicago, was confirmed as EIC of Computing in Science & Engineering, a technical magazine copublished with the American Institute of Physics. Thiruvathukal is also a Computing Now associate editor.
• Daniel Zeng, professor of management information systems at the University of Arizona, is the incoming EIC of IEEE Intelligent Systems.
• Shari Lawrence Pfleeger, director of research for Dartmouth College's Institute for Information Infrastructure Protection, will serve as the new EIC of IEEE Security & Privacy.
• Cecilia Metra, a professor at Università di Bologna and associate editor in chief of IEEE Transactions on Computers, is the new EIC of Computing Now. Metra is also a candidate for the IEEE Computer Society Board of Governors.
• Jian Pei, professor of computing science at Simon Fraser University in Canada, is the new EIC of IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. Pei previously served as TKDE's associate editor in chief.
• David Forsyth, a professor in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, will serve as EIC of IEEE Transactions on Pattern and Machine Intelligence. Forsyth was previously a member of TPAMI's advisory board.
• Ling Liu, a professor in Georgia Institute of Technology's College of Computing and 2012 winner of the IEEE Computer Society Technical Achievement Award, is the incoming EIC of IEEE Transactions on Services Computing. Liu was formerly TSC's associate editor.
• Ying Xu, the Regents-Georgia Research Alliance Eminent Scholar chair and professor of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the University of Georgia, Athens, was named EIC of the IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics.
• Peter Brusilovsky, a professor in the University of Pittsburgh's School of Information Sciences, will serve as EIC of the quarterly IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies.