• individual contributions as a research engineer or scientist, application engineer or practitioner, technical leader, or educator;
• technical evaluation by an IEEE society or council;
• tangible and verifiable evidence of technical accomplishment, such as technical publications, patents, reports, and published product descriptions or services, as listed on the nomination form;
• confidential opinions of referrers who can attest to the nominee's work;
• IEEE and non-IEEE professional activities, including awards, services, and offices held, committee memberships, and the like; and
• total years in the profession.