• Wonder: Recognition of the size or severity of a particular challenge in development and wonder that the problem persists.
• Exuberance: Excitement at devising an initial technical solution.
• Realization: Discovery of ground realities when the initial solution doesn't quite work and realization that the real problem is elsewhere.
• Adaptation: Creation of a new solution that solves the real problem.
• Identification: An identification with the user that often explains the gap between exuberance and realization.