Books 24x7 collections Members of the Computer Society enjoy access to a database of more than 500 technical books via a partnership with Books 24x7. Titles cover a broad spectrum of topics in computing.
Members of IEEE or the IEEE Computer Society can now purchase a 12-month subscription to two specialized libraries containing more than 6,200 unabridged books on a variety of technical and engineering topics, including books from IEEE Press. These two libraries, the ITPro (5,500 titles) and EngineeringPro (700 titles) collections, are offered exclusively to IEEE members at a special discounted rate.
To learn more about IEEE Computer Society e-learning opportunities, visit the online campus at www.computer.org/distancelearning.
Certifications Intended for midlevel software development and software engineering professionals, the IEEE Computer Society Certified Software Development Professional program offers the sole brand-name professional credential in software development. The program encompasses exam-based testing to demonstrate mastery of a well-defined body of knowledge, as well as verification of both a solid experience base in the field and recent continuing professional education work. Visit www.computer.org/certification for complete program information, including fees and test dates.
Online exams available via BrainBench offer practical certifications in areas that include office productivity, business fundamentals, and Cisco networks.
IEEE ReadyNotes IEEE ReadyNotes are PDF-based guidebooks and tutorials that serve as a quick-start reference for busy computing professionals. Sample titles include Designing and Implementing Softcoded Values, Evaluating the Performance of Software Engineering Professionals, and Introduction to Python for Artificial Intelligence. IEEE ReadyNotes sell for $19 or less. Find the Ready-Notes catalog at www.computer.org/readynotes.
• actively soliciting high-quality manuscripts from potential authors and, with support from publication staff, helping these authors get their manuscripts published;
• identifying and appointing editorial board members, with the concurrence of the Publications Board;
• selecting competent manuscript reviewers, with the help of editorial board members, and managing timely reviews of manuscripts;
• directing editorial board members to seek special-issue proposals and manuscripts in specific areas;
• providing a clear, broad focus through promotion of personal vision and guidance where appropriate; and
• resolving conflicts or problems as necessary.
• IEEE Intelligent Systems: www.computer.org/intelligent/eicsearch08.html
• IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics: Alicia Stickley, email@example.com
• IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering: Alicia Stickley, firstname.lastname@example.org
• IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence: Alicia Stickley, email@example.com
• Computer: Scott Hamilton, firstname.lastname@example.org
• IEEE Internet Computing: Rebecca Deuel, email@example.com
• IEEE Micro: Robin Baldwin, firstname.lastname@example.org
• IEEE Security and Privacy: Kathy Clark-Fisher, email@example.com
• IEEE Software: Dale Strok, firstname.lastname@example.org
• IEEE Transactions on Computers: Alicia Stickley, email@example.com
• IEEE Transactions on Visualization & Computer Graphics: Alicia Stickley, firstname.lastname@example.org