• The articles should be of interest to and readable by college graduates working in technical aspects of the computer field. No PhD required.
• Articles on applied research and experience with laboratory or operational systems would be welcome.
• The magazine would publish news about the Computer Group and the rapidly growing business and profession.
• Technical accuracy was an absolute requirement.
• The magazine would have an attractive cover. Each issue would have a different artist-designed cover, in color, evocative of the issue's theme or a major article.