• individual contributions as an engineer or scientist, technical leader, or educator;
• technical evaluation by an IEEE society or council;
• tangible and verifiable evidence of technical accomplishment, such as technical publications, patents, reports, published product descriptions, or services, as listed on the nomination form;
• confidential opinions of referrers who can attest to the nominee's work;
• IEEE and non-IEEE professional activities including awards, services, offices held, and committee memberships; and
• total years in the profession.