In 2006,while improving the Computer Society's financial future, we will also focus on outreach to underserved and underrepresented IT communities worldwide.
• Yervant Zorian, vice president and chief scientist of Virage Logic and chief technology advisor of LogicVision, is chairing a new ad hoc committee, the Strategic Development Committee, reporting directly to me. SDC will focus on strategic planning, business development, improved products and services to members, and expansion into underserved markets.
• Throughout the year, Computer will publish articles that relate to outreach. Juan Gilbert, associate professor of computer science and engineering at Auburn University, will help lead Computer's intiative in this area.
• Each of the 2006 Board vice presidents will be implementing specific projects in their respective areas to better serve our diverse membership and reach out to underrepresented sectors worldwide.
• The Computer Society will host a summit of organizations with similar interests and activities this summer to explore areas for greater collaboration. Jerry Engel will lead the summit with my full support.
• In response to your requests, we will develop a CSDP entry-level certification as part of our career development and education products and services.
Deborah M. Cooper is president and founder of an independent consulting firm that specializes in computer security and information assurance. Contact her at email@example.com.