• originality, innovation, and social usefulness of the project (30 percent);
• system specifications, algorithms, and implementation, including the design and construction of any tools that were developed in the course of the project (20 percent);
• achieving the design objective, including compensating for any known limitations (20 percent);
• creativity and ingenuity in the design and implementation (15 percent); and
• usability, manufacturability, marketability, and maintainability, including validation testing, performance measurements and evaluations, and thoroughness (15 percent).