• The SpeedTree Modeler enables greater control over tree geometry. Users can prune branches, set force parameters to guide branch shape, and grow SpeedTree models around rocks, walls, or other imported meshes.
• SpeedTree geometry features the data necessary to interface SpeedTree with the user's physics engine. It has built-in support for Nvidia PhysX technology and the Nvidia PhysX APEX Vegetation Module.
• SpeedTree can be brought into games and other real-time applications at any level—as a mesh, as geometry, as a partial integration with the user's engine, or through full integration. Comprehensive, integration-friendly reference applications are available to accelerate integration into the game development pipeline.
• SpreedTree 5.0 offers a high degree of lighting realism, including dynamic shadows, ambient occlusion, and translucency.
• SpeedTree 5.0's detail system means more trees in a scene than before while maintaining high-quality, pop-free transitions.