• the NE-type phototelegraphic system (facsimile machine) (NEC),
• home television viewing and home video recording (Sony),
• nickel-cadmium rechargeable batteries (Energy Company of Panasonic Group and SANYO Electric),
• PC-9800 Series (NEC Personal Computers), and
• Yosami Radio Transmitting Station and the first radio communication between Japan and Europe (Yosami Radio Transmitting Station Memorial Museum, Kariya, Aichi).
• Edward Feigenbaum, for work in expert systems;
• Fernando Corbató, for work in timesharing; and
• Steve Furber and Sophie Wilson, for work on the BBC Micro and ARM architecture.